Fayette Area Historical Initiative (FAHI), 211 Fayette Street Martinsville, VA 24112
Closes: August 29, 2022, 5:00 P.M.
Salary Hiring Range: $40,000- $50,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience
Job Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week with some evenings and weekends required for special events or other duties to meet the Museum’s mission
The Organization: Fayette Area Historical Initiative (FAHI), a 501©3 organization, was established in 2004 and has served the community for 18 years. Located at 211 Fayette Street, Martinsville, VA 24112, its mission is historical preservation of the Fayette Street neighborhood and the African-American community. Although its mission is to collect and preserve African-American heritage and culture, FAHI invites visitors from diverse populations to understand the African-American experience; all ethnicities, genders, socioeconomic classes, and professions are invited.
Essential Job Functions:
- serve as a spokesperson and liaison between the Board of Directors and the community
- oversee Museum’s daily operations, staff and volunteers, education and public programming, and external communications
- lead board development, recruitment, and training
- manage assets and optimize financial operations
- lead the development and execution of the strategic plan
- oversee the development, management, and preservation of museum collections
- oversee and participate in fundraising efforts, including grant writing, special events, requests to local, state, and national foundations, and community partnerships/collaborations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), effective listening, and positive interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Demonstrated use of current technology and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with museum collections, successful grant writing
Preferred Professional Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in history, education, or a related field of study- preferably with an African-American emphasis
- Experience at a museum or similar combination of education and experience
How and when to apply- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, rẻsumẻ, and three references no later than August 29 to the following email address: email@example.com or mail to: Attn: Joyce Staples, Fayette Area Historical Initiative, 211 Fayette Street, Martinsville, VA 24112. This position will close on August 29 at 5:00 P.M. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date listed above. Fayette Area Historical Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.